- If your turkey is frozen allow 24 hrs in the refrigerator for each 5 pounds of turkey weight.
- Butter 'em Up. Brush the turkey with butter or oil to keep the skin moist. (do this often)
- Check the temp - according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture turkey is safe to eat at 165 degrees.
- Make sure you cover the turkey with foil during the first portion of roasting so the breast does not get done too quickly.
- REST WELL - Let the turkey stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving to let the juices settle.
Secrets of a Juicy Turkey