- Place carrots or celery in a single layer in a 5 qt. slow cooker.
- Remove skin from chicken, and trim fat. Stir together rosemary, spanish paprika, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Rub mixture over chicken.
- Saute garlic in 3 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon; reserved oil in skillet. Cook half of chicken in reserved oil in skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown. Transfer to slow cooker, reserving dripping in skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add broth and garlic to reserved drippings in skillet, and cook 1 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on High 2 hours.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tsp oil and remaining 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook 2 more hours.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to a serving platter, and pour juices from slow cooker through a fine wine mesh strainer into a bowl; skim fat from juices. Serve immediately.
Rosemary Garlic Chicken Quarters (slow cooker)
Rosemary Garlic Chicken Quarters
3 carrots or celery ribs
5 lb chicken leg quarters
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 tsp. Spanish paprika
2 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 1/4 freshly ground black pepper, divided
12 garlic cloves, sliced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 lb. fingerling Yukon gold potatoes, halved
1 tsp. olive oil
Garnish: fresh rosemary