Beefy Green Chile and Cheese Bake
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 can (4-ounces) Ortega diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 1/2 cups Ortega salsa - homestyle recipe (medium)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine chips, water and egg in small bowl. Press into prepared baking dish; bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine beef, soup mix, chiles, ¼ cup cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese in medium bowl. Spread over tortilla crust.
- Top with salsa, bell pepper, remaining cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.